C’mon. Let’s be frank about consent.
Rowdie is joined by Chanel Contos, founder of the online petition demanding consent education reform in Australian schools. Chanel empowers us to recognise when consent is necessary and how to ensure it happens, addressing the uncertainty of Grace from this week’s DM submission.
- 1800 RESPECT National helpline 1800 737 732
- Kids Help Line – 1800 551 800
- Lifeline – 13 1114
- Mensline Australia – Men and Boys support
- NSW Rape Crisis Centre – Sexual assault support
- Relationships Australia
For info on the consent laws in your state:
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (2020). ‘Sexual assault in Australia’, AIHW, Australian Government, Canberra.
- Iposo (2022). International Women’s Day 2022. The Global Institute for Women’s Leadership. Accessed 01/07/2022: https://www.ipsos.com/sites/default/files/ct/publication/documents/2022-03/Ipsos_International_Women%27s_Day_2022.pdf
- Khan, S.R., Hirsch, J.S., Wamboldt, A., and Mellins, C.A.. (2018). ““I Didn’t Want To Be ‘That Girl”’: The Social Risks of Labeling, Telling, and Reporting Sexual Assault.” Sociological Science 5:432-460.
- Latimer R.L., Vodstrcil L.A., Fairley C.K., Cornelisse V.J., Chow E.P.F., Read T.R.H., et al. (2018). Non-consensual condom removal, reported by patients at a sexual health clinic in Melbourne, Australia. PLoS ONE 13(12): e0209779. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0209779