Frank is more than a single person, or a single organisation. Frank is an honest approach to your reproductive and sexual health by Family Planning Australia.
Frank and the Talking Frank podcast were made possible through funding from by the Australian Government as part of their National STI Strategy. The Strategy provides the policy framework for national, state and territory governments; and community and professional organisations to respond to HIV, hepatitis B, hepatitis C, STIs and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander BBVs and STIs in a coordinated way.
The Strategy builds on previous strategies, with a focus on reinvigorating prevention activities and the critical importance of testing, treatment and best practice management.
More on this strategy is available on the Department of Health’s webpage.
Consumer engagement with young people has played a key role in the planning, development, and implementation of this project alongside consultation with representatives from leading organisations within this field across the country. These organisations include:
- ACT Health
- ACON Health Limited
- Australian Association for Adolescent Health (AAAH)
- Australasian Society for HIV, Viral Hepatitis and Sexual Health Medicine (ASHM)
- Centre for Social Research in Health (CSRH) at UNSW
- Family Planning Welfare Association NT
- Family Planning Tasmania
- Institute for Urban Indigenous Health, Queensland
- Northern Territory Department of Health, Sexual Health and Blood Borne Virus Unit
- NSW Health, Sexually Transmissible Infections Program Unit
- Queensland Health, Blood Borne Viruses and Sexually Transmissible Infections Unit
- SA Health, Sexually Transmissible Infection and Blood Borne Virus Section
- SHine SA
- Swinburne University of Technology
- Tasmania Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Services
- University of New South Wales
- University of Technology Sydney
- Victoria Department of Health and Human Services, Sexual Health and Viral Hepatitis program
- WA Health, Sexual Health and Blood Borne Virus Program
Talking Frank Podcast
Consumer engagement with young people has played a vital part of the planning, development, and implementation of the Talking Frank Podcast. Stakeholders from across NSW were also consulted during the development of this podcast, including representatives from the following organisations:
- ACON Health Limited
- Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District
- Murrumbidgee & Southern NSW Local Health Districts
- NSW STI Programs Unit
- University of Sydney
- Violet & Co
- Youth Action
We thank all those involved for their contributions.